Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another year over, a new one just begun


There's a specific lyric in the song Happy Christmas by John Lennon that makes me stop in my tracks and do a bit of soul searching every time I hear it. "so this is Christmas, and what have you done? another year over, a new one just begun"

I always stop and contemplate...what HAVE I done? Have I given a little kindness, have I eased a little pain? Have I made a difference in the world?

I have made a commitment to myself that in 2011 I will leave something behind. I will become more active in my community, I will share of myself more freely and, I will Be The Change I Want To See In The World!

And so, this year, my commitment is to start an on-line Gratitude Journal. For years I have kept a gratitude journal by my bedside.Every night, before falling asleep, I leave a journal entry of 3-5 things that I am grateful for. Some nights these entries are very topical, sometimes deeply thought out, but always from my heart. It has kept me grounded. It reminds me on a daily basis, even in times of trial, when things seem to be going in a direction that I never planned I always have so much to be thankful for.

I look forward to a blissfully joyful, love filled, sometimes painful, ever changing new year filled with adventure. And at the end of every day - gratitude. Gratitude for being blessed with the opportunity to breathe in another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment