Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 118 in Gratitude

Keeping this blog has helped me tremendously. As days go by and I blog about my blessings, I feel more light-hearted and able to handle strong situations with a hopeful heart. And, knowing that in all things I am blessed, even the major challenges keep my mind looking forward.

There is a huge event happening tomorrow and I'm so excited and thankful for it. No, it's not the Royal Wedding of Prince William & Kate Middleton.  My brother-in-law is being released from the hospital tomorrow! With his numbers improving slowly but surely, his team of doctors feel he is ready to go home. He'll have a biopsy in a few weeks but for now, he can go home and be with his family. Thank you God!

One month ago I put together a vision board. A vision board is simply a visual representation or collage of the things that you want to have, be, or do in your life. It consists of a poster or foam board with cut-out pictures, drawings and/or writing on it of the things that you want in your life or the things that you want to become. The purpose of a vision board is to activate the law of attraction to begin to pull things from your external environment that will enable you to realize your dream. By selecting pictures and writing that charges your emotions with feelings of passion, you will begin to manifest those things into your life. I put this board by my bed and look at it every night before going to sleep and see it first thing in the morning when I wake. One of the images represents getting my career back on track. I've been derailed for a number of years due to 'life' situations. Well, Monday I received a call from a friend asking if I would be interested in a position at a former company I worked for for over 8 years. The guy who held that position just resigned a few hours before and my friend, the Sr VP, felt I would be a good fit. Within a matter of 48 hours, I was offered and accepted the position and start May 9th! I'm thrilled and very grateful for the wonderful opportunity. Whether you believe in the law of attraction or not, what would it hurt to give it a try?

One last but not least thing I am so very grateful for. My husband is starting his own business. This makes me so very proud. For the past year or more he has been trying to land a gig because of our need for good medical coverage. Well, now that I've accepted my new position we will have good coverage. This frees him up to start his own business and I couldn't be happier. The name of his company is Suite Spot Marketing. He went to a networking event last night and may have picked up his first client! I'm thrilled for him.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment