Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 91 in Gratitude

We're leaving for New Jersey in the morning. My husband's brother's leukemia is back, and he's back in the hospital. In the past year this will make three months out of twelve that he's been in the hospital. Three rounds of chemo, and depending on what the doctors advise, maybe a second bone marrow transplant. He's tired, isn't really sure what tomorrow will bring, but his attitude is great - and we'd all do well to take a lesson there. Live life well. Every day.

I'll be able to stay for a long weekend, and my husband will stay for as long as he's needed, and try to help as best he can. It's going to be a tiring trip, but these are the times when you just do whatever you can to be there for family, no matter what the past has been. The past is over. Right now, it's all about today, one today at a time.

I'm grateful for the love of friends and family.
I'm grateful for another day on this beautiful, precious, one-of-a-kind planet.
And I'm grateful for my health.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment