Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Excellent Raw Potato Salad


Last night after doing a Kenpo X workout (which is one of my favorites) we needed to eat dinner. I was tooling through some of my raw recipes and found these awesome Raw Potato Salad and Dressing recipes that I've got to share. After you try them, let me know what you think. Or, if you've got a recipe for potato salad - PLEASE SHARE!

Potato Salad

2C diced jicama
1/4C diced yellow pepper
1/4C diced celery
1T minced fresh rosemary (I'm not a fan so I used dill)
2T minced green olives
1/4 avocado, mashed (I used 1/2 avocado)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (I diced mine)
parsley sprig

In a bowl, combine all ingredients except parsley sprigs, and set aside. If not eating right away, put in a container and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, pour Potato Salad Dressing over salad and toss until well combined. Divide salad between two serving plates and garnish with parsley. SERVES 2 - we had leftovers which is perfect, I'll need something for lunch today.

Potato Salad Dressing


2T tahini
1/4t ground cumin
1 1/2T lemon juice
2T water
2t fresh parsley
1/4t nama shoyu
1/4t agave
sea salt and chili powder to taste

Blend all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or blender until smooth. It will be thick but once it's combined with the jicama, it will thin out.

No comments:

Post a Comment