Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day without my boys

Well, I just had my first Mother's Day since I've been a Mom, without my boys. It was strange.

Let me preface this by saying that my boys are grown. At least that's what people keep telling me, "they're grown, they have their own lives, they're adults" but I have to say that in my mind, they will always be my babies - that fact will never change. And, more importantly, I just adore all three of them. I love talking with them, learning more about them and their lives, spending quality time with them. So, experiencing a Mother's Day without them was a bit odd.

My husband and I moved to Las Vegas about 5 weeks ago. Two of my boys live in Chicago, and one is in his fourth year at an Illinois college. I always look forward to Mother's Day and having them over for dinner. Today, I looked forward to getting phone calls.

My boys are my greatest pride and joy. Mother's Day today was wonderful because all three of my boys are in my life, even if they're miles and miles away. I love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment