Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swallowing My Pride & A New Recipe!


I know I was supposed to make the Raw Banana Caramel cake a few days ago but there are a few ingredients I still don't have in the pantry so you'll have to give me a few days!

On another note, I'm aggressively looking for employment. I've taken a part time gig at a church for minimum wage (which is a huge pride crusher, I'm just being honest)helping them scan documents to disk. I worked 7 hours today and when I came home, I was starving. Starving because I left this morning without having my breakfast smoothie. At 10:30am my husband was kind enough to bring me one. Lunch hour came and went and I didn't stop to eat. When I came home, I grabbed an apple and then tried to do a P90X workout. Bad idea. My blood sugar was so low I didn't have enough energy to keep up with it. We got through about 75% of the workout and had to stop. But as Tony Horton says "do your best and forget the rest."

Looking for work after having a solid career history can be very tough on the ego. But one thing that always makes me feel better....A New Recipe!! Check it out, it's delicious.


Spicy Indian Hummus


2C chickpeas, soaked overnight (or canned, it's easier)
1/4C sesame seeds
3-4 garlic cloves
1T coriander powder
2tsp chili powder
1/2tsp garam masala
5-6T EVOO
fresh squeezed lemon juice to taste
sea salt to taste

Blend everything in a blender or food processor. Let the spices marinate in the fridge for a few hours before eating with veggie chips. Mmmmm good!

1 comment:

  1. This chickpea recipe sounds FANTABULOUS! Thank you for posting! I am your newest follower via TheMomBlogs! VIsit me at www.fatnutritionwriter.com

    ReplyDelete