Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 62 in Gratitude

Listening to others, just being there for someone gives me great joy. I want to continue to learn how to become a better listener. We were given two ears but only one mouth because listening is twice as hard as talking. Maya Angelou once said. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."  When someone decides to confide in another, they do so to fulfill a need. They may be looking for advice, compassion or empathy or they may just want/need to express emotions. I know there is a real distinction between hearing the words and really listening for and understanding the message. When someone confides in me I want to continue learning to actively and attentively listen. I am so grateful to be able to offer an ear to friends or anyone who confides in me.

On a much sillier note, my husband snores like a chain saw cutting through the rain forest. Sometimes it's subtle - if that's possible - and sometimes you'd think I was laying next to a grizzly bear. I know most people complain (they're not alone, I do it too!) that their significant other snores too loud. So loud that they have trouble falling asleep. But think about this, if you didn't have that significant other laying next to you - snoring like a mad man/women, wouldn't you miss it? So, this may be the one and only time I say this but...I am grateful to have my honey laying next to me snoring!

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment