Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66 in Gratitude

I am grateful that I have kept up with this gratitude blog for 66 days. When I'm having a bad day, I'm crabby or over-tired and I come home to blog, it changes the way I look at things. Today, for instance, I was driving to work when a stone hit my car's windshield and cracked it. For as long as I've been driving this has never happened to me - for that alone I'm thankful. My first instinct was to start worrying about how I'm going to pay to have the windshield fixed. Right away my mind went to the negative, worrying about something I really
don't have much control over. Worry is such a wasted emotion. But tonight, after thinking about it, I have to change my thought to - I'm thankful the stone didn't break the window (since we were driving about 70ish MPH) and I will find a way to pay to have it fixed. Without me blogging on a daily basis, I would be uptight and worry about the cracked windshield for days. Tonight I think - hey, it's just a windshield and it could have been much worse.

My cousin called tonight and we spent a few minutes reminiscing about our childhood. Growing up we were very close, like sisters, and I always looked up to her. She is a year older, much taller than I am, thin, funny and beautiful. I always enjoyed being around her. We would sit and talk for hours and hours, eat frosting out of the container and laugh until our sides hurt. We would get into all kinds of trouble together, argue every once in awhile but always found our way back to being the best of friends. Her memory seems to be much better than mine but she jokes saying she only remembers a few chosen things. I've gotta tell you, she remembers many more names, faces and situations than I do! Talking with her reminded me of how much I miss her. I am thankful that over the years, the miles, the children and marriages, we've remained close. I love you Deb!

What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. I am more and more grateful every day for the friends and family that I DO have ... and, knowing that I'm not unique having this wacky bunch, I enjoy them all, and appreciate the fact that we can all get together, or just one on one, and have a lot of laughter, smiles, hugs and best yet ... every time we get together, it's the begininning of another story to tell somewhere down the road!

    ReplyDelete