Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 82 in Gratitude

I am grateful to have taken today off to heal. I haven't been feeling well and can't quite shake the continual headache. I took a few naps today and tonight I'm feeling a bit better. I am on the mend!!

I don't panic much. I am realizing that more and more every day. Talking to friends who worry about things they can't control, like their grown children. Talking to my sister who gets very nervous during bad weather, talking to my Mom who worries about EVERYTHING. I realize I don't worry about much. There are things I think about and I confess, I do worry about money, which I shouldn't. But the more I trust in a higher power the more I realize that we all are taken care of. Thank you God.

I am concerned about my brother-in-law. He was diagnosed with leukemia less than a year ago. He went through a few rounds of chemo and a marrow transplant. Just a few short months later his Dr told him the leukemia is back. I think about Tim and how short life is. I think about his family, his wife who adores him, his sons who love him, his brother who admires and looks up to him and all of his adorable grandchildren who will miss him dearly. I am so very thankful I have my health, my boys are healthy, my husband, sister and Mom are all healthy. When we are in good health I think we take it for granted. It's like that phrase; 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone'. I want to thank God every day for the abundant health in my life.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment