Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 42 in Gratitude

I've been flirting with the stomach flu for a few days now; fever, upset stomach, the works! I keep telling myself I'm well, I'm healthy. I'm not sure I'm succeeding. I am grateful for a night of snoozing on the couch because honestly, I think I'm just worn down a bit.

A grateful mind continually expects good things, and expectation becomes faith. The reaction of gratitude upon one’s own mind produces faith. Every outgoing wave of grateful thanksgiving increases faith. I am grateful to be on the path I am on.

I was listening to Daniel Nahmod's Water cd on the way home from work today. There are lyrics to the song 'Water' that I so strive for, "Have you ever seen an eagle head straight into the wind, he doesn't pick a fight, he spreads his wings and just gives in. And in the end he always makes it home just fine." I've always struggled with control issues. I always think that I have to have it all figured out, to know exactly where I'm headed and have written the map to get there. The more I grow, the more I realize I just need to have faith. I am grateful for my faith that keeps me grounded.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment