Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 53 in Gratitude - 10 Influential People Living in Gratitude

I feel so strongly that changing the way you think can and will change your life and I want to share that with you, my readers. So tonight I decided to make a list (in no significant order) of some very influential people in my life who have taught me the powerful process of gratitude. Some of these quotes are from the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

1. Dr Joe Vitale - "What can you do right now to begin to turn your life around? The very first thing is to start making a list of things to be grateful for. This shifts your energy and starts to shit your thinking. Whereas before this exercise you might be focusing on what you don't have, your complaints, and your problems, you go in a different direction when you do this exercise. You start to be grateful for all the things that you feel good about."

2. Wallace Wattles - "If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the Universe, consider it well, and you will see that it is true."

3. Marci Shimoff - "Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life."

4. Dr. John Gray - "Every man knows that when his wife is appreciating him for the little things that he does, what does he want to do? He wants to do more.
It's always about appreciation. It pulls things in. It attracts support."

5. Dr. John Demartini - "Whatever we think about and thank about we bring about."

6. James Ray - Gratitude has been such a powerful exercise for me. Every morning I get up and say THANK YOU. Every morning, when my feet hit the floor THANK YOU. And then I start running through what I'm grateful for, as I'm brushing my teeth and doing the things I do in the morning. And I'm not just thinking about them and doing some rote routine. I'm putting it out there and I'm feeling the feelings of gratitude."

7. Rev. Michael Beckwith - “The enlightened give thanks for what most people take for granted. As you begin to be grateful for what most people take for granted, that vibration of gratitude makes you more receptive to good in your life.”

8. Dr. Wayne Dyer - "Without exception, I begin every day of my life with an expression of gratitude. As I look in the mirror to begin my daily ritual of shaving, I say, “Thank you, God, for this life, for my body, for my family and loved ones, for this day, and for the opportunity to be of service. Thank you, thank you, thank you!” "Gratitude and humility send signals to all who meet us that we’re all connected to something larger than life itself."

9. Gay Hendricks - “Lead with the heart. We can learn to walk through life with a feeling of gratitude for life itself. Having a field of gratitude around us clears a positive path through life in which every step we take is in the right direction."

10. Louise L. Hay - "When I awaken in the morning the first thing I do before I open my eyes is thank my bed for a good night's sleep. I am grateful for the warmth and comfort it has given me. From that beginning, it is very easy to think of many, many more things to be grateful for. By the time I've gotten out of bed, I have expressed gratitude for 80-100 different people, places, things and experiences in my life. This is a great way to start the day."

A grateful mind can't help but be happy and content. I am grateful for all these wonderful teachers!

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment