Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 50 in Gratitude

I slept until 8:00am this morning...for that, I am grateful! Sleeping in is one of my most favorite things to do. And today I woke to a sun-shiny day - what a great way to start the day!

My sister is very excited. Her out of state boyfriend is moving to Chicago to live with her and start their lives together. She has been a single Mom for over 10 years and I have a lot of respect for everything she has done for her kids. As anyone who is a single Mom can tell you, there are days when you wonder how you're going to make it through another day. She deserves to be happy, to have someone to laugh with on a regular basis, someone to cuddle on the couch with, someone to help with the kids, someone to share her life with. I am thankful she has found that someone.

My honey had a rough day today. The day started out good, he hit a few rough patches mid-afternoon and the day ended with laughter while watching a twisted Showtime Series called "Shameless." As twisted and wrong as that show is, I didn't mind watching with him and listening to him laugh. I am grateful that he was able to bounce back so quickly today. I believe that he knows deep down that things are getting better. He is very talented - yes, I am his biggest fan.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment