Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51 in Gratitude, My Church is in Financial Trouble

I am a member of DuPage Center for Spiritual Living. DCSL is a spiritual community and way of life that believes in and teaches oneness. As an open and affirming community, they extend a warm welcome to all people in search of a spiritual community where they are respected and accepted for who they are - they strive to inspire and support each and every person in growing into their highest potential.

Today I learned that our Center is in financial trouble. One year ago, our church moved into a beautiful new space. They made the decision to move based on a number of reasons but one of them was a sound financial one. Since then, membership is down as well as contributions. My husband and I were approached and asked if we'd like to volunteer our time to assist with a marketing strategy and we both said YES! For the past 4 years I have been a part of this community where I have learned much, grown spiritually and continue to learn. I have been welcomed into this community unconditionally and with open arms. I have made lasting friendships with loving, caring individuals who are like-minded. This Center and its community feels like my home away from home. I am so blessed and thankful to be a part of it. My desire is that this family continues to thrive and grow and I will do everything I can to make it so. IN all things be grateful. I feel an opportunity to jump into action and be a part this exciting new chapter. Let's see where it takes us!

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment