Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 56 in Gratitude

I am grateful in knowing I have the ability to create my day. If I choose to make it a great day, it will be a great day! For the past two mornings while driving in to work, I have made a conscious decision that I was going to have a fabulous day and do you know what? I haven't disappointed myself.

My Mom called me tonight to tell me about her day. Every Friday she goes to the movies with her girlfriends. She has a group of ladies (all late 70's into their 80's) that she pals around with playing bingo, cards, going to the movies and losing their money to the gambling boats. Walkers, hearing aids, and blue hair - it's quite the clan. Her social calendar is pretty impressive. She calls tonight to tell me about the movie Hall Pass. She really couldn't tell me much about the movie except to say that she saw a man's penis! She tells me "It was the biggest penis I've ever seen!" So my response was, "And just how many have you seen??" OMG, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. That's all she could really remember about the movie was the penis scene!! What a nut. I am grateful for the relationship I have with my Mother.

My husband surprised me with a weekend away for my birthday. Money is very tight, and we live like most Americans now - paycheck to paycheck. So we're going to drive 11 hours to North Carolina for a long weekend and stay at a very dear friend's B&B. I was so excited when he told me I cried. Sure, for those who know me, I cry easily but the gesture he made really touched me. The last time we were on a vacation was when we got married and on our honeymoon almost 4 years ago. I am so blessed.

What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for the changing seasons. I moved to Colorado from Illinois 2 1/2 years ago, and one element that was necessary for me moving was to be somewhere with all 4 seasons. My body and soul require the change, each season holds its own unique and important qualities that reflect life itself. "I see myself reflected in the seasons" - that's a line from an old John Denver song, and it always rang true for me. The warmth and splendor of the warm summer sun, with blue skies fluffy clouds, the exciting hint of coolness in the air and the beauty of changing leaves as kids go back to school, the beauty of the first snowfall and the holiday season that brings families together, and just when you thought you couldn't take another day of winter, the promise of new life that a spring day holds - a bud opening, a rain shower, the grass turning green again. It is life itself, reflected by Mother Earth, and I am so grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for this post. It made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete