Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14 in Gratitude

I can't believe it's already been two weeks since I started this endeavor and I'm so glad I did. I've received great feedback and welcome any and all suggestions to make this blog as user friendly as possible. If any readers have suggestions, please know that I welcome them!

Being in Atlanta during the worst snow/ice storm in 6 decades, it is very eye-opening at how much we take for granted in our daily lives. Living in Chicago, when it snows, you wait a few hours, the plows come out and either plow or salt and you're on your merry way. You don't worry about walking on the sidewalks because they've either been shoveled or salted. This storm has really crippled this city beyond your wildest imagination. The storm hit Sunday, Jan 9th and today, Friday, Jan 14th the schools are still closed, the garbage trucks are not working and UPS is just starting to deliver. This has affected every aspect of city life; restaurants, hotels, schools and even their post offices. With the temps climbing, they're relying on Mother Nature to melt the ice on the interstates so things can start to resemble normal. So, I am grateful that I live in a city that seemingly knows how to handle snow removal quite efficiently.

I am grateful for my youngest son who is away at school. He called today to say hi and make sure I got here safely. I love you honey!

I am grateful for comfortable shoes which this week I do not have in my possession. Standing on hard floors, sans carpeting, for 11 hours a day your feet, ankles, calves and knees will start screaming, throbbing and shooting pain messages to your brain pleading for comfortable shoes. I am anxiously awaiting a soft, comfortable pair of shoes to walk in and never want to take them for granted again after the experience I'm having this week.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment