Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 in Gratitude

I am grateful to be learning and growing. Every Monday night my husband and I go to a class on Prosperity. Reading the materials, doing the homework, sharing and listening to others share, and putting into practice everything we've learned has been such a rewarding experience for me. For that, I am truly thankful.

Last week while traveling on business I had the opportunity to really connect with my boss. Working with him in an office setting only allows me to get to know one aspect of him. Traveling and spending 12-14 hours a day with that same individual and taking the time to have more in-depth conversations on all topics ranging from politics, religion, family values, etc. I have a better understanding of who he really is at his core. I have a new found respect for him and I am grateful I know him.

I am in awe of my husband and his strength. He had a bad day this past week. One of those days when he digs a hole, jumps in and somehow manages to cover himself completely in self pity. We've all had these days, some more than others but I think we all can attest to the fact that it's not pretty. Some of us can stay in that hole for days on end, set up camp and live there comfortably numb. Not my husband. He allowed himself a few hours of the "woe is me" mantra but then shook it off and went on with his day. He continues to amaze me; he is my teacher, my lover and my best friend. I am thankful for his persistence and positive attitude.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment