Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 in Gratitude


"Your dog threw up all over the house today," was the report I got from my husband tonight. When I'm away it seems my canine friend doesn't handle the stress very well. We seem to be very connected. He follows me wherever I go. If I get up to go to the bathroom, he gets up, walks to the bathroom with me, sits in front of the door and waits for me. If I get up and walk into another room he gets up and follows. I have a permanent shadow when I'm home with him and I appreciate his companionship. But when the suitcase comes out, he immediately starts to get apprehensive. I wish I could reason with him, have a heart to heart, reassure him I'll be back soon...you know, like they do in cartoons. Pets are amazing creatures expressing unconditional love on a continual basis. We have a lot to learn from them. So, I am grateful to have my furry friend by my side showing love and adoration. I just hope he stops puking before I get home!

I am grateful that my life is so full. I was talking with someone today telling him about this and that and he stopped dead in his tracks and said, "You seem to put a positive spin on everything that happens in your life but seriously, you've got a lot going on. Your life should be a sitcom, it would be hysterical." I've never really looked at my life from the outside in. Maybe it would be a comedy, I don't really know but I do know I wouldn't change a thing. Ok, maybe a few things.

I am grateful that this blog project has offered me the change to slow down to be able to appreciate everything in my life. A few years earlier, I seemed to live day to day. Going to work, coming home, eating dinner, watching tv, going to bed, getting up, going to work, you know the drill. I know I didn't take time everyday to express thankfulness for some of the things I took for granted. But now, I am learning to see things in a brighter light and I'm loving every minute of it. Thank you!

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment