Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15 in Gratitude

Wow, where do I begin? I have so many things to be grateful for today.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to purchase a pair of comfortable shoes this morning! Last night, I walked through an Atlanta mall asking a security guard what time the shoe store in the mall opened the next morning, he told me 8:30. This morning, sitting outside of the shoe store at 8:20am there I was, feet still throbbing from the night before in anticipation of some relief. To my surprise, the mall opened at 8:30 but the shoe store opened at 10:00. You guessed correctly, I waited patiently! I was successful. Truth be told, the damage to my feet had already been done but at least tonight, I didn't limp back to my hotel room like the previous night.

I am grateful to have met an amazing women while waiting for the shoe store to open. With both our noses pressed against the store window waiting to try on any and all comfortable shoes was another woman. We started up a conversation and I found this woman to be fascinating. She was running a gift shop in Alabama. Her husband was a pharmacist and she opened a gift shop attached to the pharmacy. As I asked more questions, it turns out, she also owns and operates the local newspaper. After asking a few more questions found that she's also the mayor of that town! We had a wonderful conversation about life and doing what you love. I'm thrilled to have met her acquaintance.

Before meeting this woman who, from what little I learned, runs this small town in Alabama, I met a women from Michigan. We started talking about Global Warming, the importance of treating our earth gently, recycling, etc. Once the conversation really got going we were discussing how we both felt very strongly about the power of oneness and how we are all connected yet some days that thought isn't in the forefront. (Remember, I had 1 1/2 hours to kill) We talked about Oprah and the power she wields. How she can make or break a product and/or book. How she was trying to raise her children with the awareness that there are more important things than getting good grades. That treating people with respect is or should be a top priority. I am so grateful that I took the time to engage all these people in conversation. The more I do this, the more I truly understand and firmly believe we are all together in this. Yes, we do come wrapped in different packages. But we all have the same fears and desires. And even tho we may have different names for what we believe in, we are all connected.



What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment