Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4 in Gratitude

Today was tough. My day started at 3am waking to my husband coughing his head off! The poor man gets bronchitis every January and this January is no different. I dragged my pillow and my tired butt to the spare bedroom to try and get a few more hours of sleep but sleeping on a trundle bed sucks! (Sorry overnight guests)

Later in the day my husband and I decided to have a knock down blow out fight via email. Ah the power of internet communication. Later in the day one of my biggest accounts emailed me at 4:55pm to tell me we're not QA compliant and the situation needs to be rectified today. That triggers a phone call to my hair stylist to cancel my hair cut! Yes, I will be cutting my bangs tonight before bed.

So...with all that, I will go within and find the light in my otherwise bleak day.

I am grateful that I am healthy. My husband seems to get this terrible bronchitis every single January and it usually lasts a few weeks. I am grateful that, to date, I am mucus free and also grateful that he is on antibiotics to knock it out of him quickly.

I am grateful that I came home to a carry out pizza on the kitchen table - life is good!

I am grateful that during this upside down day, I had a few minutes to IM my middle son and have a great conversation with him. I love talking and sharing with my boys so any chance I have to communicate with them, I take it.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment