Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26 in Gratitude

Self-Development is taking personal responsibility for one's own learning and development through a process of assessment, reflection, and taking action. The first tenant of positive self development is continuous learning. We don't exist in a vacuum, and we are constantly shaping and being shaped by our environment. That was very clear to me today. In my mind, I am poised, confident, calm, keep a positive attitude and stay focused. In reality, I am subject to my emotions, others moods, and the overall atmosphere of the office environment just like everyone else. In a nutshell, I saw and heard myself go down the very path that I try so desperately to stay off of. The dreaded NEGATIVITY PATH! Driving home going over the events of the day I made a pact to myself that the next time a situation arises, I will stop, take a deep breath and tell myself to look at the situation from a new and positive direction. Today, I am grateful that I am on a path of self awareness and also that I realize I am a work in progress.



I have nothing but respect for everyone I work with. I work with a group of creatives and they never cease to amaze me. The process in which they develop and design product is awe-inspiring. I am grateful to be working with such talented individuals.

I had a wonderful evening talking with a young woman who has decided to take her life into her own hands and develop and action plan to add passion and clarity to her life. I can only hope that I will keep her focused and add inspiration to her growth and development process. I am thankful to be a part of this wonderful process.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment