Pages

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

If we practice gratitude and keep a thankful heart, we’ll automatically extend inspiration wherever we go.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 in Gratitude

26 years ago today I gave birth to a 6lb 12oz bouncing baby boy. 26 years ago...it just doesn't seem possible. I still feel like it was yesterday driving him to and watching his soccer games. Watching him playing the drums, playing basketball, reading a poem on stage, playing baseball in the park with his brothers. I never thought I'd say this but time really does fly. (OMG, I've become my Mother!) I am so grateful to have him in my life. We talk, we play scrabble on-line (actually he humors me in a game of scrabble while he kicks my butt) we go out to dinner and have lively conversation. I treasure every moment of watching him grow to be a wonderful human being with a heart of gold. I love you babydoll.

I am grateful to reconnect with an old friend. Years ago we worked together in the restaurant business and he always dreamed of one day owning his own. That dream has become a reality and I'm so proud of him.

I am grateful to have friends in my life that support me unconditionally. Over the course of 352 days I'm sure you'll see me post this frequently. I have a fantastic support group of friends whom I adore and love dearly. Having friends I can completely open up to, showing them my warts and my inner beauty and who are always there when I need them means the world to me. Whether to just go shopping with to pick out a pair of shoes or having a heart to heart over the phone, I am forever thankful for who you are at your core, I love you.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment